Friday, April 22, 2016

God has placed with us a daughter!

And we are going to be forever grateful to Him and to the very courageous birthmother who placed her precious baby with us for adoption.  Please keep this baby's birthmother in your prayers as it was a very difficult decision for her.  Her heart was in the right place and she was stronger than anyone I've ever met.  God be with her.

To protect the privacy of the baby I will only tell you her initials are T/E.  If you want more details and would like to see a better picture of her, you can email me at prayerfuljourney7@gmail.com.  Please tell me your blog title so I can know who I'm emailing.  Thanks!

We are beyond thrilled but I will tell you that the road to adoption was long and we did have to live through a failed adoption to get to this precious gift.   The failed adoption happened during lent and this baby girl came to us during the Easter season.  You have to have the crucifixion before you get to the resurrection. 

Well, we are tired, happy and enjoying every minute of this baby (even at 3am in the morning).  Thank you all who have continued to pray for us and support us on this adoption journey!  After the failed adoption I told our Good Lord "Thy will be done"....and His plan was always better than mine.  It was hard but I always remembered to Trust in Him!

Praise the Lord!!!

21 comments:

  1. What exciting news! Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you all!

    Prayers for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am marveling at this precious gift and I know I will be for a long time! Honestly, she is so perfect and I love, love, LOVE her name. Oh my goodness, so perfect!!!!! I just want to drive to your house and meet her. (Don't worry, I wouldn't should up unannounced! But maybe someday we can get together again!) I still remember that first dinner where the four couples got together in WI. I am so, so, so happy for you J! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love her name as well...she was named after some courageous women so she has some big shoes to fill.hahaha...just kidding. Yeah, I think it would be great to get together again. I was just looking at that pic from five years ago. Interesting that you brought that up.

      Delete
  3. My heart is overflowing with joy for you. Praise God. Failed adoptions are heartbreaking but so happy God brought your little one soon after. It's our little guy's first birthday today. Adoption is amazing. Prayers for birthmom. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are overflowing with joy over here as well. This all happened very quickly too. The adoption story is amazing and I will share later. Wow, your Lucas is one already? Where has the time gone? Have fun celebrating with your little one.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, my heart is just overjoyed to read this update and see how mighty our God is to answer you and your husband's prayers for a child! My heart is just so happy, this completely makes me want to sing and know always my prayers will continue to be with you all! I would love to see a picture and hear her name. I will email you! My blog is private now. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember your blog. I will check my email and thanks for the kind words and the prayers.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations!! So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SOOOOO thrilled for you guys! I can't wait to hear more. Emailing you now. CONGRATS!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I know your little one is almost one! He shares a birthday with our wedding anniversary!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! What a great blessing! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness how wonderful! I have been absent from blog life for awhile but I am thrilled to be reading this. Congratulations!!! Prayers for you all <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I've been absent for awhile as well...the failed adoption situation kept us on a roller coaster for a while and I just couldn't put what was happening in words.

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers