This is a cycle post....I am p+6 and today and yesterday I am dealing with cramping...not too painful to take a pain pill but enough to know it's there...I was told by Dr.S. that by my 3rd cycle of HCG...I would feel better..>Really? It's way too soon to be feeling crampy. The last two cycles I felt cramps about two days before CD1. My boobs are sore too. Which they weren't last few cycles either. I've only done two shots and tomorrow I have to get the p+7 blood draw done so I guess we'll find out soon if my hormones are just a hot mess (and I'll do a third shot). Ugh! So frustrated. Is this pain due to the antibiotic? I'm going to finish the two weeks today (thank the good Lord!). I was under the impression that the antibiotic would make my uterus feel better. Can't be my diet...I'm not eating any differently and the last two cycles I didn't have cramps this soon. Hmmmmm......
At my last dr appt she said my hormones were great and we needed to "try". I was concerned about taking an antibiotic and "trying" but the dr told me not be concerned...if I did get pg...I'd be done with the antibiotic when I'd be finding out. So, I told my dh this and we did "try" this cycle. I wonder if that was a mistake now. Ugh!
I'm baffled and dismayed. I had this kind of pain before my last surgery. Could endo be returning? I pray not...I have good faith surgery with a Napro trained dr was the best thing I could have done. I do feel some sharp pains on my right side (LAP)...is it a cyst? The dr S. didn't think my cysts were big enough to cause pain. Should I call the Dr tomorrow? Is this normal with HCG and antibiotics?
Oh well....I have been enjoying a mini break from work....I know I've been stressed out beyond words...I wonder if that is causing problems now. What's this girl gotta do??? Ugh. I'm thankful for the break and for my awesome dh...he rocks! I guess I can pray future cycles are better. Right?
So sorry for having so many questions...but I know some of my readers have been through this...so maybe someone out there can offer some advice...anything would help. I want to stop worrying. Maybe my cycle will start sooner...which is unlikely since HCG has been making my luteal phase longer (p+14). I guess in time...I'll know.
St. Anne...pray for us!
I don't know a lot about it, but could it be some implantation cramping?
ReplyDeleteAnd on the not-so-optimistic side: Since my surgery in January, I've noticed different cramps than I had before the surgery - they seem similar to what you describe, nothing to take any medication for, but definitely noticeable. I am horrible about charting them and I just know that's what Dr. D is gonna ask me to do...so maybe it's just part of things changing post-surgery?
I'm gonna pray it's option 1 :) for you.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca...I can hope for number 1 but it's probably still all about healing. I just think it's too soon for crampiness. ugh. I don't mean to complain...I just want to make sure I shouldn't be concerned. Nothing like a Dr asking "Why didn't you call sooner?"
ReplyDeleteI definitely have different cramps than I did before my surgeries in Omaha -- the intensity is definitely less, but the twinges I feel are so different. I used to need multiple painkillers the first few days of AF, but now I barely need them.
ReplyDeleteMy first few post-op cycles drove me crazy. I analysed every single twinge. I hope and pray that these are all good signs!!!
Yeah, I definitely had different cramps after surgery (each time). It could, of course, be ovulation/implantation pain - that's textbook, but an infertile blogger's commenters misdiagnosing endo symptoms as pregnancy symptoms is pretty textbook, too, isn't it? In my case, the endo came back both times, but I definitely knew when I had the cysts back. If you're not in serious pain yet, I wouldn't worry too much - at least, that's my super-responsible approach to being an endo patient :). God willing your body is sorting things out and you'll feel better next month!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if this helps, but it took 3-4 cycles after my surgery for my cramps to go away. Those first few post-surgery cycles can be wonky. From personal experience, I can say that the HCG did wonders for my moods but not a whole lot for cramping. Just my two cents. Hoping you feel better!!
ReplyDelete