Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Belated Blogoversary.

I did forget...I've been very preoccupied..with what...I wonder? hehehehe...but really..on Jan 9th, 2009...I began this blog. I had no idea what would come of it and I definitely did not think I'd be blogging over two years later...but here I am. I want to say nothing has changed but I'd be wrong. Heck, now I'm a teacher and I've accepted God's will for my life (in general). I couldn't say those two things a few years ago. I still get that "urge" for parenting. I still pray something would happen to grow our family. I still pray to accept God's will on those days that just seem so gloomy and downright.....blah. As I work my little tail off with teaching...I still wonder how this could replace parenting...I know it shouldn't but for me, does it? I don't know. I do know on a positive note...two years ago I never thought I'd actually meet any bloggers and I've met three wonderful ladies and their dh's! What a blessing! We are real women, with real feelings, with real stories we want to share. We are also faithful to our Lord and we encourage each other and lend support in a place where support can be hard to find. So, I'm sure come 2012...I'll be celebrating another blogoversary.

As a quick note...I like teaching fifth grade okay...but I'm an E.C. teacher at heart. I miss my young children...I just miss what all of that encompasses. Sure, I'm more physically tired at the end of the day but there's a special bond I have with younger children. My students now like me fine but at their age...it's uncool to show a teacher you like her. I'm dealing with tweeny drama and all sorts of things I don't deal with when I'm working with my "babies". So...this is a different world. Did I mention that I get the very BIG job of teaching these children about eh..hem...how babies are made? Woo waa...that will be fun. Those kids will be laughing and having all sorts of smirks. It should be fun and I'm sure I'll be blogging about it. I often speak to Christ and say "I do this for you my Lord...Thy will be done. I trust in YOU!"

I hope this next year will be just as exciting. God bless.

BTW: We got our car back and my mother is still recuperating from that virus. At her age..I guess it takes time. Thank you for the prayers!

8 comments:

  1. I think the older kids would be harder for me, too.

    Can't wait to read about how THAT school day goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blogoversary!!! 2 years is awesome! :) Glad work is going well for you, and your mom is doing better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually glad it's you who gets to teach them about where babies come from! You will say and do things just right!!

    Happy Blogoversary!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be an interesting day! When are you going to teach the birds and the bees???

    Praying for you! I hope we can see eachother again! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blogaversary! I am so very glad you are blogging and I enjoy hearing about your teaching adventures. What a blessing you are to those students...and to have adoration down the hall, how cool is that? Oh so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started blogging a month or so after you did and find it's been a great way for me to "journal" without using the word. I've also found I've made some cyber-friendships this way... some from very far away.

    For me, blogging has become a bit like Lays potato chips... hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers