I know..I'm bad...my blogging life has taken a back seat (amongst other things). For the last three weeks I've been teaching 30 some at risk pre-k students (I do have a para in the room)...as amazing the experience has been...it's been a tiring one! The cooperating teacher has been bored...which is a compliment to me. She had complete confidence in my abilities so I just ran the class...wrote the lesson plans and came up with the activities for the children. My university supervisor told me at my last eval that I'd make a great pre-k teacher...I felt elated by that compliment. I have one more week to go and then I'll be moving onto the second grade(at a different school in the same district). Teaching those kids will be very interesting and very different. Anyway...I've just been busy and tired. I literally make it home to crash on the couch for a nap, make dinner, eat dinner, watch the news, do some work (and housework), go to bed. If anyone tells me that teaching at risk pre-k children is easy...I'm going to bop them over the head! Definitely has it's challenging moments...and forget about peace and quiet in the classroom. :) I do enjoy and love it and I love knowing I'm doing the Lord's work. I do trust in His plan for me.
My dh and I celebrated a little anniversary today...we met 11 years ago today. Wow! I know I've blogged about how we met before...If I find it...I'll add the link. We went to a nice restaurant this evening and had a great meal. What a great way to celebrate! Honestly...he's my best advocate and best friend. If it wasn't for his love and support...there's no way I'd be this close to being a teacher. It's truly a blessing. God brought to me an amazing man who has changed my life in wondrous ways. God is good!
On a sad note...(after the positives)...my dh found out last week that his brother is getting a div.orce. Him and his wife should be celebrating 17 years of marriage this month...but instead...she's moving into a condo and they are breaking up. On the outside...you would think this couple had everything...huge home..expensive things, cars, etc...and three beautiful children. There is one thing they didn't have...faith. They were Catholic but somewhere in the last few years...they just quit going to church. We don't know what happened. My dh has not yet talked to his brother...he got this info from his father. I liked my SIL. We got along well. It will be different not seeing her at the family gatherings. I guess I'm the only in-law in my dh's family...his sister is also div.orced. It's a sad situation...please pray for this family...I guess my dh's niece is not taking this well at all.
Besides all of that...I may have to have surgery on my right knee. Since I started working full time and I'm always up, down, on my feet, carrying children ,etc...it's decided to really bother me. Ugh! I had x-rays done which showed the bone was okay(thank God). The dr thinks I need an M.R.I...to see if there's muscle or cartilage damage. Maybe next spring. I just can't take any time off to plan m.r.i's and surgery right now. For your info...I fell off of a horse in my 20's and landed on my right knee...I never did anything about it back then....it never was the same but it didn't bother me too much. Now I just can't put my weight on it and sometimes it buckles and I have to limp along...oh well...I'm working on offering my suffering. IT could always be worse.
So, that's my latest update. I do try to log in and read blogs and keep updated on what is going on. It's been tough to sit and write something myself. This weekend is a long weekend and since I'm done with all of my lesson plans...I thought now would be a good time.
Please know that I am keeping you all in my prayers!
I'll post some pics on my private blog of me working with the children. Some of them (notice I say some) are so dang cute! God bless them all.
I'm so happy all is going well. I can only imagine how tiring & exciting working with the kids is. Great job! I know you will be a great teacher and I can't wait for you to have your own classroom.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the anniversary. I remember your story of meeting at a retreat or something and you quit smoking just then! Did I remember right?
That is so sad about the divorce. So sad.
Thanks for the update, I was wondering how things were going for you! So happy to hear that you supervisor thinks you will make a great teacher, but I am not suprised with all the heart and love you put into it! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are able to figure out how to manage the knee pain until you have time for the doctors to figure out how to help you.
Ann: You are right! Good memory...I did meet my dh at a retreat for young adult single Catholics...perfect huh? I did quit smoking for good that weekend too...God was totally making His moves in my life! So, it's been eleven years since I quit smoking too. Thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you! I have been wondering how teaching has been going. I am sorry that I didn't e-mail sooner, I should have. Congratulations on your anniversary of both meeting S and giving up smoking - that is awesome! I hope things continue to go well with the teaching and good luck in the 2nd grade classroom. I miss reading updates from you!
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad student teaching is going well for you!!! I'm thrilled that you're feeling encouraged and confident! I'm sorry your teacher is a dud. I had a dud, too. But sounds like your supervisor is fabulous and encouraging!!! YEA!!!! I can't wait to see what grade you like best and end up teaching!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I"m sorry about the knee and the bil's divorce. Very sorry. THat is incredibly disheartening- especially so close to home.
Congrats on 11 years! That's amazing :) I'm glad the teaching is going well for you.
ReplyDeleteI will definatly keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hi J - not sure if you got my other comment. It was from my other account. Sorry, if you weren't sure who it was. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLauren: Actually, the cooperating teacher I work with is really laid back and awesome. I'm thrilled that she is someone I got to work with. She's bored because I'm able to run the class without her help.
ReplyDeleteJBTC: I'll try to comment but with second grade st'ing...I'll be grading papers and will most likely be busier than I am now! I hope I can manage my time well and have time to relax!
Glad to hear teaching is going well. Sorry to hear about the BIL's divorce.
ReplyDelete