Christ the Lord! Merry Christmas to all of my blogger friends!! God is Good!!!
My dh and I went to the evening mass this year instead of the usual midnight mass we like to attend and it was packed solid...I let a little old couple sit next to me when there was only room for one more body in the pew and I was squished like sardines...not my favorite but it was okay. Sometimes one just has to deal. Our priest did a wonderful homily which included singing the words to the title of this post. After mass...we all sang "Silent Night" which always makes me tear up. After mass...my dh mentions that the one other couple around our age who also does not have children at our church...had a baby with them at mass tonight...uhm...I just saw them three weeks ago with no baby and she was not pregnant so we are pretty sure they have been blessed through adoption. God is good! Lord willing...we'll be blessed through adoption also.
Speaking of adoption...we have our first appt with a social worker next is Monday. She mentioned the home study takes six weeks...I was surprised by that. It's good..not complaining here....the sooner the better. We are still working on the portfolio...hopefully some of our holiday pics will turn out. Geesh.
Also, my brother and my two nephews are coming in from Florida the day after Christmas (he got custody after a brutal divorce). I've talked about these boys and my brother previously...they are doing well. The boys are thriving. Praise God! They love our cats...especially Jojo...so he'll have two playmates to keep him busy for the next ten days! My little cat just loves to play...asks for it all the time...and when I'm busy and can't play (I do have to work)...he pouts in his own little cat way. I do like to snuggle him...which he tolerates for attention. :)
So Auntie PJ is having the family over for Christmas dinner...on the 26th...so this will be the first Christmas that my dh and I will have Christmas Eve and Christmas day to ourselves. We usually go somewhere...not this year. We already went to one of our favorite restaurants after mass...on Christmas day we are "chillin" around the house....and I'll be preparing for the next day's festivities. On Sat we are having the Knights of Columbus (my dh's council) over for a little socializing.
I forgot to mention in my previous post...that my patron saint for 2014 is St. Catherine of Sweden. She is the patron saint against abor.tions and miscarriages. Whoa...I think I'll be praying for her intercession this year...perfect. I do try to pray for our future birth.mother who will be making the choice to give life and give my dh and I the forever baby we've been yearning for for a long time. Lord Willing...she will chose life. St. Catherine of Sweden...pray for us! St. Colette...pray for us. St Anne...pray for us.
God Bless You All...Merry Christmas...and Come Let Us Adore Him!
I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! I love that St. Catherine of Sweden is your patron saint for the year. Praying for God's will in your life this coming year!
ReplyDeleteThanks...we need all the prayers we can get for a successful adoption.
DeleteMerry Christmas!
ReplyDelete6 weeks for the homestudy? That's awesome! I hope everything goes so smoothly for you guys.
Well...not quite...it's six weeks to get the fingerprinting results back...and probably another six weeks to get all of the licensing paperwork done. Ugh...more like 12 weeks.
Delete